Sea Iceland cotton is so soft one could easily mistake it for cashmere or silk. The rare cotton type from the West Indies makes the purist Bateaux top with narrow shoulders an item of inexpressibly luxurious perfection that can also be worn as a top.
As the pioneers of well-being, we select only the highest qualities of raw materials. Sea Island Cotton – also known as white gold – offers the ultimate sense of well-being. Find out more about this rare cotton here:
1) Sea Island cotton originates in the West Indian Islands, a group of islands in the Caribbean. Where others spend their vacation, this is also the home of cotton. The heavy rains supply irrigation and the minimal temperature fluctuations between day and night provide the best climate.
2) Annually 110 million cotton bales are produced worldwide. Just 70 of those bales come from Barbados, and precisely those are now exclusively harvested for the new collection of Zimmerli of Switzerland.
3) Sea Island Cotton is carefully hand-picked. This ensures that only ripe cotton plants get picked and that plant or mineral contamination, which can happen when harvesting with machines, is entirely prevented. This also makes the look of the final goods more even.
4) Our partners cultivate their own local plantations in collaboration with ECCI cotton, the cooperation of local cotton farmers. The entire value-creation chain can be retraced which ensures that the quality remains constant and high.
5) You can recognise the 100% authenticity of Sea Island Cotton by its hologram. Only the numbered certificate of the specialised West Indian Sea Island Cotton Association (WISICA) guarantees the 100% authenticity of Sea Island Cotton.
Besides the classic items in black and white you can now also find underwear items for him and her in the current spring colours light blue as well as loungewear for him and her in white and light blue.